Tor 0.0.9rc7 is out

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Dec 8 14:12:02 UTC 2004

We fixed a few more bugs and a big pile of memory leaks. I know
I've said this before, but this could be the one. :)

tarball:   http://tor.freehaven.net/dist/tor-0.0.9rc7.tar.gz
signature: http://tor.freehaven.net/dist/tor-0.0.9rc7.tar.gz.asc
We'll have win32 exe's up shortly.
(use -dPr tor-0_0_9rc7 if you want to check out from cvs)

  o Bugfixes on 0.0.9rc:
    - Fix a stack-trashing crash when an exit node begins hibernating.
    - Avoid looking at unallocated memory while considering which
      ports we need to build circuits to cover.
    - Stop a sigpipe: when an 'end' cell races with eof from the app,
      we shouldn't hold-open-until-flush if the eof arrived first.
    - Fix a bug with init_cookie_authentication() in the controller.
    - When recommending new-format log lines, if the upper bound is
      LOG_ERR, leave it implicit.

  o Bugfixes on 0.0.8.1:
    - Fix a whole slew of memory leaks.
    - Fix isspace() and friends so they still make Solaris happy
      but also so they don't trigger asserts on win32.
    - Fix parse_iso_time on platforms without strptime (eg win32).
    - win32: tolerate extra "readable" events better.
    - win32: when being multithreaded, leave parent fdarray open.
    - Make unit tests work on win32.