README file for Mac OS X package

Geoffrey Goodell goodell at cassandra.eecs.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 16 21:43:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:14:06AM -0800, Thomas Hardly wrote:
> As for "what to do next" I really like the idea of an optional
> integrated package with privoxy. I don't think that the automatic
> start-up is working well enough to include it yet...

As it turns out, for .exit support, we will need a patched privoxy in
order to deal with virtual hosts (as specified by the HTTP "Host:"
field), and we may also want to modify "a" and "img" tagged URLs in the
HTML body to reflect .exit locality as well.  This may mean that we
would want to ship a hacked privoxy...

Geoff