(FWD) Re: Servers with Dynamic IPs

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Aug 9 02:52:00 UTC 2004

----- Forwarded message from owner-or-dev at freehaven.net -----

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 18:40:13 -0400
To: or-dev at freehaven.net
Subject: Re: Servers with Dynamic IPs
From: Geoffrey Lewis Goodell <goodell at cassandra.eecs.harvard.edu>

Technically, the connection in my apartment has a dynamic address.  It
is high-bandwidth (suitable for streaming movies), low-latency, and high
reliability (basically only out when the power is).  Perhaps this is an
artifact of the fact Harvard is the landlord and provides the connection
to its nice university network, but I suspect that there are others in
similar situations out there.  A number of ISPs think that dynamic
addressing is more "convenient", whatever that means.

Geoff

----- End forwarded message -----