Tor 0.0.6rc2 is out

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Apr 26 09:56:37 UTC 2004

Release candidate 2 fixes a serious bug in rc1. I have marked rc1 as
obsolete.

tarball:   http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.6rc2.tar.gz
signature: http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.6rc2.tar.gz.asc

Improvements since 0.0.6rc1:
  o Fix a bug where we were closing tls connections intermittently.
    It turns out openssl keeps its errors around -- so if an error
    happens, and you don't ask about it, and then another openssl
    operation happens and succeeds, and you ask if there was an error,
    it tells you about the first error. Fun fun.
  o Fix a bug that's been lurking since 27 may 03 (!)
    When passing back a destroy cell, we would use the wrong circ id.
    'Mostly harmless', but still worth fixing.
  o Since we don't support truncateds much, don't bother sending them;
    just close the circ.
  o check for <machine/limits.h> so we build on NetBSD again (I hope).
  o don't crash if a conn that sent a begin has suddenly lost its circuit
    (this was quite rare).