Tor is free

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Oct 8 19:04:06 UTC 2003

There's still a chance for some immediate bugs so I don't want a wide
release yet, but it's available, without patent issues, under the modified
BSD license, no strings attached.

http://freehaven.net/tor/

I would appreciate it if you would ask me when you want to distribute this
to someone not on this list, just for this initial period so that we can
ramp up slowly. I imagine we will be announcing more broadly before very
long. But please do give the code a try. It builds and works on linux,
foobsd, macosx (but remember that Safari's socks support is broken). It
has compiled and worked on win32 not too long ago.

Let me know if it works for you, and if you have any tips on how to make
the process clearer/cleaner.
--Roger