Request for comments: onion routing design paper

Paul Holman pablos at shmoo.com
Sun Nov 2 22:54:53 UTC 2003

So, I haven't read through the docs or the code or really anything yet,
but I do have a tor node running.  I have a question about "sessions"
with web sites.  If I'm using tor as a proxy, should I expect
successive requests to the same web site to show up with a variety of
IP addresses?  This will break some web applications that key off the
IP address.  The obvious follow-up question is whether there is any
reasonable way to make a given web session use the same IP.  I've been
unable to tell what they dynamics here are, probably because we have
too few nodes.

No need for flames about how web applications that use IPs for session
keys are broken, I understand the implications.

Thanks, pablos.
--
Paul Holman
The Shmoo Group