Tor 0.0.2pre17 prerelease is out
arma at mit.edu
Tue Dec 30 23:28:56 UTC 2003
This release provides actual security and design improvements. It breaks
backward compatibility again (you will need to upgrade); but hopefully
I won't do it again for a while.
Note that 'make install' will clobber your torrc, so back it up if you've
Improvements since 0.0.2pre16:
- Made --debuglogfile (or any second log file, actually) work.
- Resolved an edge case in get_unique_circ_id_by_conn where a smart
adversary could force us into an infinite loop.
- Each onionskin handshake now includes a hash of the computed key,
to prove the server's identity and help perfect forward secrecy.
- Changed cell size from 256 to 512 bytes (working toward compatibility
- Changed cell length to 2 bytes, and moved it to the relay header.
- Implemented end-to-end integrity checking for the payloads of
- Separated streamid from 'recognized' (otherwise circuits will get
messed up when we try to have streams exit from the middle). We
use the integrity-checking to confirm that a cell is addressed to
- Randomize the initial circid and streamid values, so an adversary who
breaks into a node can't learn how many circuits or streams have
been made so far.
More information about the tor-dev