We need to split streamid into recognized and streamid

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Dec 17 21:26:19 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:59:55AM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> I think the proper fix is to separate 'is this relay cell destined for
> this hop' from 'which stream is this relay cell destined for'. We can
> probably make do with two bytes for each, assuming the "send a dummy

Another approach would be to subsume it in the 4 bytes of digest. For
each relay cell, we could try adding it to our hop-digest, and if it
matches then we keep it.

But I think that level of sneakiness would come back to bite us later
on. Let's do it the obvious way.

Having heard no complaints, I'm going to start adding this.
--Roger