Tor 0.0.2pre16 prerelease is out
arma at mit.edu
Sun Dec 14 09:04:50 UTC 2003
Several more bugs fixed and several features added. Mainly we did work
behind the scenes to clean up the code.
The new exit policy format is incompatible with the old parsing
algorithm. You must upgrade; sorry.
Note that 'make install' will clobber your torrc, so back it up if you've
changed it. (And if you run a server and want to use your old torrc,
consider using the new default exit policy.)
Improvements since 0.0.2pre15:
- Fixed a bug that made HUP trigger an assert
- Fixed a bug where a circuit that immediately failed wasn't being
counted as a failed circuit in counting retries.
- Now we close the circuit when we get a truncated cell: otherwise we're
open to an anonymity attack where a bad node in the path truncates
the circuit and then we open streams at him.
- Add port ranges to exit policies
- Add a conservative default exit policy
- Warn if you're running tor as root
- on HUP, retry OR connections and close/rebind listeners
- options.EntryNodes: try these nodes first when picking the first node
- options.ExitNodes: if your best choices happen to include any of
your preferred exit nodes, you choose among just those preferred
- options.ExcludedNodes: nodes that are never picked in path building
More information about the tor-dev