Tor 0.0.2pre15 prerelease is out
arma at mit.edu
Wed Dec 3 20:38:27 UTC 2003
This is mainly a bugfix release for clients. If pre14 works for you,
feel free to stick with it. But I find that pre15 works a lot better.
Note that 'make install' will clobber your torrc, so back it up if you've
Improvements since 0.0.2pre14:
Robustness and bugfixes:
- Sometimes clients would cache incorrect DNS resolves, which would
really screw things up.
- An OP that goes offline would slowly leak all its sockets and stop
- A wide variety of bugfixes in exit node selection, exit policy
handling, and processing pending streams when a new circuit is
- Pick nodes for a path only from those the directory says are up
- Choose randomly from all running dirservers, not always the first one
- Increase allowed http header size for directory fetch.
- Stop writing to stderr (if we're daemonized it will be closed).
- Enable -g always, so cores will be more useful to me.
- Switch "-lcrypto -lssl" to "-lssl -lcrypto" for broken distributions.
- Wrote a man page. It lists commonly used options.
- Change default loglevel to warn.
- Make PidFile default to null rather than littering in your CWD.
- OnionRouter config option is now obsolete. Instead it just checks
- Moved to a single unified torrc file for both clients and servers.
More information about the tor-dev