Suggestion

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Sep 3 22:36:17 UTC 2002

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:25:45PM +0100, Andrei Serjantov wrote:
> I have a suggestion -- we need a "stupid" mode for OR which ensures that
> your connection exits from not your Onion Router. This way you can surf
> the site repeatedly and the website administrator will never be able to
> tell who you are.

The counter to that is an adversary who knows about the OR network and
has a copy of the routers.or file. If you surf to the site repeatedly
(or equivalently, read lots of pages on the site) and he knows that the
originator of the request is never the node performing the request, he
gets more and more suspicious of you as more requests arrive from others.

Hm. Which attack should get precedence? :)

--Roger