Using httpap with actual browsers

Matej Pfajfar badbytes at freehaven.net
Mon Jul 22 05:30:52 UTC 2002

> Mat: how did you handle this when you were writing all this for your
> thesis? What browser did you use, or did you ever show that it worked
> graphically? :)
I used MS IE of all browsers ;-). Was convenient cos I was connecting to
Linux boxes through a Windoze machine.
IE uses HTTP 1.0, never even touches 1.1 for some reason.

The way to prevent a browser like Mozilla bundling querues together is
(for 1.1) to add a Connection: close header to the request. The server
will repeat that header in the reply and the browser will know to forget
about the bundled queries it has made and re-request them over separate
connections.

--
Matej Pfajfar

GPG Public Keys @ http://matejpfajfar.co.uk/keys