bug in onion expire time, for 3 hop onions?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Jul 18 23:06:54 UTC 2002

Now that I've got more than 3 onion routers up, and my coinweight is
non-zero, sometimes I get onions which use 3 hops. Some of those onions
have invalid expire times:

(gdb) print (time_t)((onion_layer_t *)circ->onion)->expire
$2 = -1241615826

That's *really* invalid, not just off by a few seconds. Mat, do you
have any ideas on this one? I imagine it's somewhere in onion.c, which
I haven't really looked at since I grabbed it from your code.

I'll go hunt for the bug later on, but it's low priority for me currently.

Thanks,
--Roger