problems with the aci range too small?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Dec 17 16:56:44 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:13:45AM -0500, Paul Syverson wrote:
> > Er. Essentially the same qualitatively; but we can handle more circuits
> > my way. :)
> >
> OK I don't get that. The first bit determines which half of the
> name space you are in and the rest is the same as before. What am
> I missing?

Ok..I think the confusion lies in the word 'half'. What I think we both
mean here is the lower n-1 bits of the aci (15 of the 16 bits). What we're
currently doing in the code is using the first half of the bits (the first
8 bits out of 16) for one side, and the other 8 bits for the other side.

I'll fix it. :)

--Roger