(FWD) Results of stress testing the current version of the Onion Router

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Aug 30 04:29:49 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:13:44AM -0400, Bruce Montrose wrote:
> By down I mean that the httpap was not talking to anybody, so i suppose the
> problem may be confined to that process and the actual "or" processes may
> have weathered the storm.

There's a good chance that's true -- httpap has a MaxConn option (500
in the config file in cvs) that says "reject the connection if there
are too many httpap processes currently".

Next time you get into this situation, killall the httpap's, start a
new one, and see if things are working again. (If so, then wait til we
get around to making Privoxy work. :)

--Roger