[tor-consensus-health] beginning some moria1 experiments

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Fri Oct 21 08:33:02 UTC 2022

I now have my new hardware in place for moria1's future home. The eventual
plan is to shift most of the old IP addresses over to this new hardware,
and long term nothing will be different (except it will be more reliable
etc).

But it currently has a different IP address than it will have later, and
I'm taking this opportunity to mess about with running my directory
authority on the "wrong" IP address.

In theory, this should 'just work' in the sense that I still make votes
and signatures, and I upload them to you all, and this proves the concept
that a dir auth can escape somewhere else if it's getting too hammered
and still publish votes and sigs.

In theory but it's a stretch, it should get into the consensus at the
new address and then you all will start making requests to that new
address like it's totally normal. We will see. :)

In any case, expect some bizarre log messages about me, and/or some
complaints by consensus-health, soon.

Woo,
--Roger