[tor-consensus-health] (FWD) Consensus issues

micah micah at riseup.net
Sun Jun 12 04:42:51 UTC 2016

Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> writes:

> Why does longclaw not give the BadExit flag to the UbuntuCore35 relay?
> My whois says it's in Iran.

I've been wondering that too... but haven't had time to look into it.

> Is longclaw not using the AuthDirBadExitCC line?

It is.

> Or is longclaw using an older geoip database?

I think you may have nailed it - this doctor warning showed up right
after I reinstalled the machine. I moved all the relevant data, and was
a bit puzzled why this warning showed up, but everything else
worked. I did have some pending updates to packages, including the geoip
one, that I applied after I moved everything, but tor had been already
started by that time. I've restarted it now, lets see if that helps.

micah