[community] soft release - Invitation to join our Forum

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Oct 27 12:39:45 UTC 2021

Dear Tor Community,

I'm pleased to invite you to join the soft release of our new Tor Forum!
https://forum.torproject.net/

The new forum is powered by Discourse: a modern, friendly, and free and
open source software.

## Soft release

This week we're still doing some changes, editing the Forum
configuration and organizing new categories. You might see some new
"This is a test" topics. Please just ignore it.

The official release and announcement is scheduled to the next week.
I know some of you have questions about "What about the mailing lists?",
and you shouldn't worry about it as we aren't deprecating the mailing
lists. More about that on our official announcement.

## How to join the Tor Forum

First, read and agree with our Code of Conduct and Moderation Policy:
https://forum.torproject.net/t/welcome-to-the-tor-project-forum/7

 1. Visit the Tor Forum website: https://forum.torproject.net
 2. Click on "Sign up" and register your account. A valid email is required.
 3. You will receive an automatic email from torproject1 at discoursemail.com
    with a verification link. Click on the link to finish your
    registration.

Gus

ps: Now you can easily connect to our chat channels using
Element/Matrix. Check our blog post:
https://blog.torproject.org/entering-the-matrix
--
The Tor Project