[community] Welcome to DocsHackathon 2020

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Mar 23 12:50:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

First of all, we're very grateful for your availability to help Tor
improve its documentation.

In the next days we will work on different projects:

 - Support Portal: https://support.torproject.org
 - Tor Browser Manual: https://tb-manual.torproject.org
 - Tor Project: https://www.torproject.org
 - Community Portal: https://community.torproject.org

To start collaborating, you will need to do some homework:

1. Get familiar with the portals content.
Read the documentation. The more you become familiar with it, the easier it will
be to find and fix problems.

2. Read the tickets
Issues that are tagged with docshackathon or documentation
https://frama.link/tor-tickets-docshackathon

Or feel free to open new issues! :)

3. Join us on IRC
IRC is how we communicate with our team and you can chat
with us on what are you working. First time using IRC? Check our Help section below.

4. Git
Our projects are hosted in Git repositories and you will
need to submit the content using this tool. If you never used Git
or GitHub before, check our Help section below.

If you have any questions, you can reply to this message or write to us:

- privately: send us an email - gus at torproject.org, pili at torproject.org
- publicly: send an email to tor-community-team mailing list
- in real time: #tor-www - irc.oftc.net

I hope we all have a great hackathon!

----8<----8<----8<----

# DocsHackathon Help

## Gitlab

If you want to use our Gitlab instance (https://gitlab.torproject.org) to
assign tickets and make comments, you need to answer this email
requesting an account. Otherwise, you can submit Pull Requests in GitHub
with the ticket number in the commit message, for example:"Fix ticket
#33"

## IRC

First time on IRC? Follow our instructions,
https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/

Join us on #tor-www in irc.oftc.net

## Git

If you're going to use GitHub to submit your changes (pull requests), we
recommend you reading this:

https://help.github.com/en/articles/creating-a-pull-request-from-a-fork

## Lektor (advanced)

These projects all use Lektor, a static content generator. If you need
or want to build a local version of the website, you will need to follow
these instructions:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/web/tpo/wikis/home

--
The Tor Project