[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 13 Jan 2020

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Jan 13 18:56:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

Here's our meeting logs:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-01-13-15.59.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community Team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday January 20 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

People:
    * Gus
    * Antonela
    * emmapeel
    * nah
    * Cybelle
    * c1e0
    * Kushal

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Community Team 2020 roadmap
        - Reviewing Tor on Mobile (Tor Browser for Android manual) -
          https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/58
        - Scheduling 1:1 with community folks
        - IFF Village meeting this friday
        - Working on this proposal:
        - Answer new training partnerships (India, Uganda)
    Next week:
        - FOSDEM preps
        - RightsCon CFP
    Help with:
        - Build locally Tor on Mobile and verify if we have build errors
          - https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/58

emmapeel:
    This week:
        - glossary
          https://lektor-staging.torproject.org/support/develop/glossary/
        - documentation for translators wiki-community
          portal-localization lab
        - reviewed/merged some PRs
        - looking for reviewers
        - locales clean up with erinm
        - translation branch in jenkins
        - a little of trac l10n tickets cleanup

    Next week:

    - More docs for the community portal (l10n section)
    - look for reviewers for most languages
    - trac l10n tickets cleanup
    - moving docs out of trac

pili:
    This week:
        - FOSDEM and OFFDEM planning
        - GSoC planning
        - May 2020 round for Outreachy
        - Schedule S9 sync
        - Meeting about S9 automation
        - IFF Village meeting
    Next week:
        - Probably more of the same

c1e0:
    This week:
        - Tor mobile manual.
        - RT.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Reviewing work

Cybelle:
    This week:
        - plannning next activities
    Next week:
        - probably same as this week
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

nah:
    This week:
        - following up with training partnerships
        - reports on trainer's feedback
        - planning fosdem
    Next week:
        - afk at cpdp

Kushal:
    This week:
        - rpm.torproject.org is almost ready, at begining we will
          provide rpms for CentOS 7 and 8. We will need the docs first
though.
        - On 18th I will be taking a Tor Workshop in the local all women
          engineering college.
    Next week:
        - Digital security workshops coming up on 1st Feb, need to work
          on it.
    Help with:
        - Need 3-4 issues on any ecosystem projects which new community
          members can help to develop/fix during NULLCON.net conference
in Goa, 6-7th March. Micah Lee will also be there.

== Discussion ==

* Cleopatra User Feedback (Dec 2019) -
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2020-January/002645.html

    - How we can close the feedback cycle with cleo's user feedback
      report?

    - Should we open issues in dip for new entries in support.tpo?

    Yes, but first let's do a triage during the community team meeting

    - Should we present them to developers during one of the tbb-dev
      weekly irc meetings?

    Yes, after the monthly report is sent, on the weekly meeting later.