[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 06 April 2020

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Apr 6 17:08:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

Here's our meeting log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-04-06-15.59.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday April 13 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

People:
    * Gus
    * Kushal
    * pili
    * Renate
    * emmapeel
    * Anwesha
    * luana

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Reviewing DocsHackathon PRs
        - Reviewing Outreachy contributions and helping on final
          application
        - Reaching out to training partners
        - Updating tpo/about/people page
        - Reviewing training material
    Next week:
        -
    Help with:
        - Merge PRs
        - New training material:
          <https://gitweb.torproject.org/community/training.git/plain/2020/security-groups/digital-security-7-days.odp>
please give your feedback here:
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/community/training/-/issues/4>

Kushal:
    This week:
        - Managed to mention the Tor Browser on this story about
          security during work from home
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/tape-the-webcam-enable-firewall-11-rules-to-ensure-cyber-security-when-you-work-from-home/articleshow/75005471.cms
    Next week:
        - Blog posts
    Help with:
        - Can I get a tweet of the above mentioned story? +1

pili:
    This week:
        - Help to write Onion services documentation (at least that's my
          intention... :) )
        - Review community team roadmap
        - Review website PRs for outreachy and docshackathon
        - Help Outreachy applicants and help review applications
    Next week:
        - Help review Outreachy applications
        - More Onion services documentation updates

Renate:
   This week:
        - Round up with my outreachy application.
        - Continue fixing the Issue "Add documentation on how to use
          vanguards to secure onion services"
    Next week:
        - Continue fixing Issues.
    Need Help with:
        - Setting up vanguards.(I have succeeded in setting up an onion
          service)
        - Waiting on my PR on "export and Import bookmarks" to be
          reviewed and merged
[https://github.com/torproject/support/pull/139].

emmapeel:
    This week:
        - reviews docshackathon, ticket triaging
        - glossary:
            - more tickets,
            - documentation how to add a word,
            - recover translation from transifex.
    Next week:
        - ask translators for help with support and community portals...
          lots of new content to translate
    Needs help with:
        - translations to most languages for support and community
          portals

luana:
    This week:
        - got lektor running
        - finished coding 404.html and passed to hiro implement
          [https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/web/styleguide/issues/4]
        - made a new PR
          [https://github.com/torproject/support/pull/141] from
[https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/web/support/-/issues/100]
        - kept a good time looking to the website code to understand why
          the hamburger menu doesn't show in some pages - still trying
to figure it out
    Next week:
        - make my outreachy application
        - try to help with menu on the mobile version of the website
        - keep looking for new issues to help and learn about it
    Help with:
        - nothing for now...

Nicolei Ocana:
    This week:
        - https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/-/issues/29
        - https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/-/issues/30
        - https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/-/issues/31
        - https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/web/lego/-/issues/9
        - https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/63
        - https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/64
        - https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/65
        -
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

== Discussion ==

* DocsHackathon
- Great participation of Outreachies
- Reviewing PRs and merging this week
- Pili and Gus will count the points this Thursday

* Community portal
- Public release calendar:
    - Blog post due April 16th
    - Email to core contributors on friday 17th
    - Public release Monday April 20th

* IFF week: activities?
- Tor UX Feedback, Challenges, and Lessons Learned from At-risk user
  community in East Africa - on Mattermost, date to confirmed.

--
The Tor Project
Community Team Lead