[community] Q&A about onionoo.torproject.org/details

Владислав Прачик vladislavprachik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 09:07:36 UTC 2019

Hello.
I started using "onionoo.torproject.org/details" and I get confused by a
few points. I would be very grateful if you help me with this.

1) There are less than 1200 bridges on the
metrics.torproject.org/networksize.html bar, but about 1600 bridges on
onoooo.torproject.org/details. How is this possible?
2) Why https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html does not display information
and bridges although on "onionoo.torproject.org/details" it is completely
accessible to everyone.
3) Why are you distributing information about all bridges to "
onionoo.torproject.org/details". This incredibly simplifies their blocking.
Torproject writes that the idea of bridges is that at once they are not
accessible. And onionoo.torproject.org/details seems to provide, if not all
bridges, then obviously a very large part of them.
4) It is stated that this list includes bridges from BridgeDB. How do you
get them? I checked, and the bridges that BridgeDB were given to me during
the day are not on this list. Why?
5) What bridges are not published in this list. And if so, how can I find
out the approximate number of all bridges in the world?
7) The consensus is published every hour, but it seems that
https://onionoo.torproject.org/details is being updated at a slower rate.
What is the reason for this?

Thank you very much