[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 21 Oct 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Oct 23 13:56:37 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our meeting log:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-10-21-16.00.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday October 28 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-10-21

People:
    * Gus
    * c1e0 (PROTechThor)
    * Kushal
    * highflyer910
    * ivhro
    * Asong(LilyLME)

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Reviewing and merging Outreachy PRs
        - Answering Outreachy aplicants emails
        - Documentation: updating TB-manual and Support for Tor Browser
          9 release
        - Sponsor9: updating our training slides with Tor Browser 9
          screenshots and changes
        - Sponsor9: answering partnership questions
        - www meeting
        - Answering Frontdesk/RT
        - Tor: Aromi e lacrime event this wednesday -
          https://blog.torproject.org/events/tor-aromi-e-lacrime-del-routing-cipolla-naples
    Next week:
        - Mostly afk
        - Global South IRC meeting - Oct 30, 1600 UTC.

c1e0:
    This week:
        - Fixing issues and making PRs
        - Suggesting documentation enhancements
        - Answering questions on email, r/TOR and tor.stackexchange
    Next week:
        - Fixing more issues
        - Answering more questions
    Help with:
        - Reviewing my work

Kushal
    This week:
        - At least one example blog post on using Tor authenticated
          services > [kushal! can i see this? i'd love to hear feedback- Antonela]
        - Figuring out the date/time details for November InfosecGirls
          Pune meetup for November, planning to do a Tor workshop there.
    Next week:
        - Mostly holidays

Mona:
    This week:

    Finished reading manual sections. And all the support sections. And
all the community portal sections. Phew!
    Made issues in dip for small fixes (16-22 in manual
https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/issues).
    Kept a list of issues in support and community sections
(typos/grammar/style, sometimes 404s on links).
    Submitted a few small PRs (e.g. PR for grammar / typos etc:
https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/52)
    Found issue with gettor by email; reported on IRC and it got fixed
right away (yay!)
    Tried a few things that I learned about: GPG check signature, got
the alpha build so I can check docs against new release
    Participated in IRC / asked questions
    Answered a user who emailed the community list (how to get tor for
windows) but maybe I need to reply list (?)
    Subscribed to a bunch more lists and signed up for the Transifex
translation platform

    Next week:
     - For the issues I found I will create tickets or if they are small
       spelling / language things I will directly make a PR.
     - Respond to common user issues (waiting for Gus to send them).
     - Start reading blog and check out user comments sections
     - Check out the other places where users leave comments (reddit,
       stack overflow etc); make sure I have an account and have access
to the right sections  / know how to find the tor questions

    Help with:
    - I may have questions on whether some things are issues (should
      make tickets or not)

Highflyer910:
    This week:

        - Answered Reddit users
        - Finished reading all documentation
     Next week:
         - Submit new PRs
         - Try to fix some frontend issues
      Help with:
        - Lektor
        - Questions about Outreachy forms

Ivhro:
    This week:
        - Joined Tor community and getting familiar with Tor (reading
          about, support, community, blog)
        - Set up IRC account, joined different channels
        - Subscribed to Tor mailing lists
        - Install Tor browser
    Next week:
        - Read documentation
        - Fix some issues
        - Transifex - translation
    Help with:
        - How to create an account on GitLab and access to Tor project
        - How to join frontdesk service

Asong:
    This week:
        - Answered some twitter users,retweeting Tor project tweets
        - Answered some questions on github
        - Researching and working on Spreadsheet
        -Read blog and Tor about page detaily and found some issues
    Next week:
        - Will download latest tb and familiarise with updates
        - More reasearch
        - Create new issue
    Help with:
        - Reviewing my PRs

== Discussion ==

* Documentation - Tor Browser 9 release (22 October)
* Outreachy Q&A