[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 14 Oct 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Tue Oct 15 10:32:27 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our meeting log:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-10-14-15.59.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday October 21 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-10-14

Presents:
    * Gus
    * Pili
    * c1e0 (PROTechThor)
    * Mona (bluemoon)
    * Teona (Highflyer910)
    * emmapeel
    * reetika

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

reetika:
    This week:
        - Joined Tor community
        - installed IRC client and got familiar, joined different channels(2)
    Next week:
        - read through the website and different posts on the blog
        - read stories where Tor has been covered by the press
        - read the Tor Project's history
        - complete initial task
        - prepare a spreadsheet of influencers
    Help with:
        - reviewing my work

Gus:
    This week:
        - Answering frontdesk/RT users.
        - Following up training partnerships with local organization in
          Global South
        - Helping Outreachy applicants, reviewing PRs, answering emails
        - www team meeting
        - Freedom not fear travel logistics -
          https://www.freedomnotfear.org/
        - Documentation: Tor Browser 9 release - documentation update
    Next week:
        - More sponsor9 follow up
        - More Outreachy

Pili:
    This week:
        - Submitted FOSDEM stand submission and main track talk
        - Mozfest session prep
        - S9 Phase 2 report
        - Community and dev portals
    Next week:
        - mainly afk in London for Mozfest (come find me and say hi if
          you'll be there also!)
        - Building the Tor Network:
          https://public.zenkit.com/i/2RH604FcHf/TlJ1DpZnZG/building-the-tor-network?v=LK9b3laIX&hide=workspaceLists

c1e0 (PROTechThor):
    This week:
        - Answering questions on Reddit and StackOverflow.
        - Fixing issues and proposing improvements.
        - Being active on IRC.
    Next week:
        - Fixing more issues.
        - Answering more questions.
    Help with:
        - Completing the fix to this issue:
          https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/community/issues/102

Mona (bluemoon):
    This week:
        - Starting to read tor documentation
        - clone the four tor repositories to work on.
        - Try to push some small changes to grammar/style but had
          issues: emailed gus and resolved (need to fork).
    Next week:
       - Finish reading the main parts of the documentation and some
         common user issues
       - This is the week I will have the most time to devote to Outreachy
         so my goal is to learn as much as possible
       - be very active on IRC and hoping to be able to respond to the
         practice user issues check out the other forums for user issues
         (reddit/Stackoverflow etc).
       - Make edits for language in the repositories wherever needed.
       - Choose an issue to work on from the issue tracker and submit a
         PR.

Teona (Highflyer910):
    This week:
        - Learned a lot about DoH