[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 07 Oct 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Tue Oct 8 10:41:19 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our meeting log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-10-07-16.01.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday October 14 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-10-07

Presents:
    * Gus
    * c1e0 (PROTechThor)
    * Cybelle
    * emmapeel
    * clash
    * pili
    * bluemoon
    * debgal
    * Highflyer910
    * Asong

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to community team work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Community Team monthly report
        - Documentation: start working on Tor Browser 9 updates (release Oct 22th)
        - Community Portal
            - Reviewing trainers feedback proposal
            - Slides
        - Support Portal:
            - Migrated a bunch of questions from old FAQ to relay operators section: https://support.torproject.org/operators/
        - Onboarding and helping Outreachy applicants
        - Reaching out Sponsor9 training partners
        - www meeting about dev portal
        - Answering frontdesk
    Next week:
        - More Sponsor9 workz
        - Helping Outreachy applicants
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

emmapeel:
    This week:
        - reviews from documents
        - help devs of snowflake, tba with translation
        - documentation for editing website and more dev docs for translation
        - mediation conflicts in the dutch team :S
    Next week:
        - conflict mediation
        - reviews for the outreachy people
        - more reviews and documentation to edit the website
        https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/tpo/wikis/Writing-the-content

c1e0 (PROTechThor):
    This week:
        - Getting familiar with Tor (reading about, community, support and blog pages)
        - Visiting Tor on reddit and StackOverflow
        - Fixing issues
        - Creating spreadsheet of influencers
    Next week:
        - Fixing more issues
        - Reporting bugs
        - Answering questions on r/Tor and Tor StackExchange
    Help with:
        - How to join frontdesk service
        - Completing the fix to this issue: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/community/issues/102

Cybelle
    This week:
        - Working on Mozfest presentation
    Next week:
        - Working on Mozfest presentation
        - I'll be away travelling
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

clash:
    This week:
        - will fix a few issues since I have time this week
    Next week:
        - travelling

pili:
    This week:
        - Organising for FOSDEM20
        - Stand submission sent
        - will send main track talk by Thursday
        - Outreachy help
        - Mozfest prep
        - Community portal (hopefully)
        - Start S9 Phase 2 report
    Next week:
        - MozFest prep
        - S9 Phase 2 report

Mona:
    This week:
        - Choose which Outreachy project I want to do.
        - Subscribe to Tor mailing lists.
        - Introduce self on tor community email list.
        - Join tor channels on irc (and learn a bit more about how to use irssi).
        - Install command-line version of tor on mac and try it.
        - Install tor browser (yup).
    Next week:
        - read documentation
        - Check and answer common questions from our users
        - check open issues and submit a PR (create Gitlab account first)
    Help with:
         - Nothing for now.

Highflyer910:
    This week:
        - Joined tor channels on IRC
        - Installed Tor again after years
        - Worked on Frontdesk questions
        - made the 1st PR for Tor
        - learned a lot about Lektor
        - Answered the 1st question on Reddit
     Next week:
         - check and answer more questions
         - Frontdesk questions
         - more PRs
     Hellp with:
         - a question under my PR on Github

Asong:
    This week:
        -Read Tor manual,blog and support documentations.
        -Made minor edits to manual and support docs.
        -Installed Tor browser on my android,windows and Linux OS.
        -Navigating and exploring Tor,as i learn more about.
        -Joined all indicated tor channels and attempted answering some questions on #tor
        -Answered User questions and submitted to mentors
        -Made some little edits and submitted PRs
        -Researched about TLS protocol
    Next week:
        -Visit tor on reddit and stackoverflow
        -Answer more questions
        -Learn alot about making contributions
        -Make proposals to Team
    Help with:
        -Familiarising with GitHub/GitLab

Debgal:
    This week:
        - Work on issues on GitLab (documentation and others)
        - Register on trac.torproject.org and report bugs I find
    Next week:
        - Continue working on open issues
        - Check and help answer common questions from users
    Help with:
        - Nothing so far

== Discussion ==

 * Outreachy applicants introduce yourselves (if you want)
 * Outreachy question and answers