[community] Hello Outreachy folks, read this email

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Oct 2 17:01:41 UTC 2019

Hello Outreachy folks!

Here are instructions to start collaborating with Community Team.

Feel free to introduce yourself here. o/

Our weekly meeting is every Monday, 1600 UTC, on IRC: #tor-meeting.

cheers,
Gus
Community Team

****

Help Tor Project support our users
==================================

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/Outreachy#HelpTorProjectsupportourusers

Deadline is Nov. 5, 2019 at 4pm UTC to record your contributions and
create a final application.

The Community Team at Tor Project is looking for an intern to help us
support our users receive and find the most up to date information on
using our products. As part of this internship we're looking for someone
to:

Help us to answer support queries that come in through our frontdesk@
email address, #tor irc channel and other informal support channels such
as:

 * Reddit,
 * Stackoverflow,
 * blog comments
 * Google Play Store for Tor Browser for Android reviews and feedback

Keep our documentation updated: When new versions of Tor Browser are
released, we need to update the Tor Browser User Manual with any
usage details and explanations of new features as well as with updated
screenshots.

Fix small layout issues with our Tor Browser Manual
<https://tb-manual.torproject.org/> and
Support websites <https://support.torproject.org/>.

Compile a list of common user issues: Write a monthly report collating
any common user issues found throughout all of our support channels.

During October 1 - November 5, you must:

Read our documentation:
 * Tor Browser Manual - <https://tb-manual.torproject.org>
 * Support Portal - <https://support.torproject.org>
 * Tor Project history: <https://torproject.org/about/history>
 * Community Portal - <https://community.torproject.org>
 * Blog: <https://blog.torproject.org>

Check and answer common questions from our users (probably some of
them you will need to do some research) - we will email this to
applicants, get in touch with us.

Read our open issues and submit a pull request to tickets open in our
repositories <https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/>; you will need
a Gitlab account, get in touch with us.

Install an IRC client and learn how to use IRC
<https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/#irc-help>; join our
channels: #tor, #tor-project, #tor-south, #tor-project, #tor-www

Subscribe to Tor mailing lists: tor-community-team,
global-south and tor-project -
<https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo>

Join us on the Community Team meeting - every Monday, 1600 UTC,
#tor-meeting channel on IRC.

Workflow expected during the internship
=======================================

1. Everyday connect to IRC and hang out on #tor-www, #tor,
#tor-project, #tor-south and other channels
2. Connect to Frontdesk service and answer users.
3. Check blog posts and social media for users comments reporting
issues.
4. Based on users feedback [1, 2 and 3]: open tickets to report bugs to
Tor Browser devs, make Pull requests with corrections and new content to
our documentation
5. If you find outdated or incorrect information on Tor Project
websites, we expect you to submit a ticket and/or a pull request.
6. Community Team meeting happens every Monday, 1600 UTC on
#tor-meeting. You will need to update our meeting pad with your
work - <https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2019-keep>