[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 25 Nov 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Tue Nov 26 14:06:06 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our meeting log:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-11-25-15.59.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community Team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday December 02 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-11-25

People:
    * Gus
    *Cybelle
    *Mac10101(Mac)
    * emmapeel
    * c1e0 (PROTecThor)
    - kushal

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Contacting Sponsor9 local partners and scheduling the
          trainings
        - Answering RT/Frontdesk
        - Following up with IR internet blackout. OONI released a report
          about it: https://ooni.org/post/2019-iran-internet-blackout/
        - Global South online Meeting: 29 November - 1600 UTC -
          #tor-south
        - Outreachy Interns will be announced - 26th November
        - Uploaded Tor Browser full pack and Tor network slides to
          Community Portal/develop:
https://lektor-staging.torproject.org/community/develop/training/resources/
        - Organise my backlog: old emails, GitHub PRs.
    Next week:
        - Work on Sponsor9 final report.
        - Onboard Outreachy
    Help with:
        -

Name: Cybelle
    This week:
        - Global South Meeting
        - Talk at Tech Talks, São Paulo/ Brazil
          https://www.sympla.com.br/2-reprograma-tech-talks__712411
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Name: Mac10101(Mac)
    This week:
        - worked on :
          https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/issues/6
        - Answered some users on Reddit.
    Next week:
        - Answer more users.
        - Fix issues in dip relevant to me.
    Help with:
        - Review manual section for TBA.

emmapeel:
    Last week:
        - calls for missing langs, publishing new langs in staging
        - deal with translators input
        - twitter calls for translation
        - translation docs fpr devs: update
    This week:
        - same

Kushal:
    This week:
        - More discussions about security + Tor training in a few cities
          in India
    Next week:
        -Finally sending out the planning emails.

    Help with:
        - Can we get a tweet for the office Tor handle about this
          workshop in the weekend
https://www.meetup.com/WoSEC-India-Women-of-Security/events/266136146/ ?
[ Yes, just ping Steph & comms team!]

c1e0 (PROTechThor):
    This week:
        - Making PR edits based on reviews.
        - Answering questions on reddit.
    Next week:
        - Mostly afk.
    Help with:
        - Reviewing PRs.

== Discussion ==

* Internet Freedom Festival (IFF) - 20 - 24 April 2020: CFP deadline is
* 15 december.
- Verify if we have budget -- Pili, Isabela
- Submit a collaborative talk: check with our partners who's going.

* If we have a village:
   - Global south and digital security program update,
   - The state of the onion,
   - User research,
   - l10n sprint
   - Censorship challenge
   - SecureDrop activity
   - Tails activity (needs to be confirmed)
   - other hands on activities