[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 04 Nov 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Tue Nov 19 11:06:36 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our meeting log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-11-04-15.59.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community Team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Meeting 2019-11-04

People:
    * Gus
    * c1e0 (PROTechThor)
    * Asong(LilyLME)
    * Cybelle
    * Mac10101
    * Mona (bluemoon)
    * Teona (highflyer910)
    * emmapeel
    * Kushal
    * nah

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Answering old emails
        - Organize Tor trainings calendar
        - Outreachy PRs reviews
        - Tor talk at NextEmerson / Firenze -
          https://blog.torproject.org/events/internet-e-anonimato-la-rete-tor-firenze
        - Traveling to Brussels - Freedom Not Fear -
          https://blog.torproject.org/events/tor-meetup-brussels
    Next week:
        - Community Team monthly report - October 2019

c1e0 (PROTechThor):
    This week:
        - Submitting some PRs
        - Updating Tor's Wikipedia page
        - Recording Outreachy Contributions
    Next week:
        - Fixing issues and submitting PRs
        - Answering questions on Stack and Reddit
    Help with:
        - Reviewing my work
        - Setting up translations on local site.

Asong:
    This week:
        -Did more research to answer questions
        -Completing spreadsheet
        -Recording Outreachy Contributions
    Next week:
        -Helping out with PRs for more issues
    Help with:
        -Reviewing my work

Cybelle
    This week:
       - Catching up after +2 weeks away
    Next week:

    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

Mac10101

    This week:
    - Digged and experimented for the questions sent by gus
    - Reviewed the answer multiple times and finally sent them today.
    - Engaged with users on Reddit.
    - Recorded contributions.
    - Fixed some (probably 1) PR of mine.
    - Figured out some stuff about Tor Browser which wasn't available on
      our sites nor I could found from Google but users were asking on
internet :D

    Next Week:
    - Planning to get some issues fixed from issue tracker (but need
      support from official team, Still many of my PRs are unchecked).
    - Thinking about exploring design and low level details about Tor
      (Couldn't do much but I figured some stuff yet)
    - We need to refine our Doc for building site locally via Lektor
      (Some users have participated in it and now I think the official
team needs to take our input and make changes).

    Help with:

    - PR Review !

Mona (bluemoon)

    This week:
    - Finished answering the questions emailed by Gus (will do final
      review and email today)
    - Checked out StackOverflow and Reddit and subscribed as much as
      possible to Tor-related forums
    - Tried to build the website locally but still run into errors
      (there was a suggestion I didn't try; will try today)
    - Am submitting contributions to Outreachy

    Next week:
    - Outreachy contribution phase is over but I'll probably continue
      hanging out on IRC
    - Followup for tickets/PRs I've created
    - I might try to review PRs if help is needed there

    Help with:

    - Maybe still need help for building website

emmapeel:
    This week:
    - banner, content updates
    - review updated strings elsewhere in lektors
    Next week:
    - reviewing new languages to add to tpo and tb-manual
    Need help:
    - i need others to adapt to localization guidelines and generate
      good strings on the website

Teona(highflyer910)
    This week:
        - Worked and done with the suport questions
        - Mostly offline
    Next week:
        let's see
    Help with:
        still need reviews for my PRs:)

Kushal:
    This week:
        - Onion workshop got announced
          https://www.meetup.com/WoSEC-India-Women-of-Security/events/266136146/
        - https://twitter.com/infosecgirls/status/1190993752216616962
    Next week:
        - Will try to publish a blog post about the upcoming workshop
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

== Discussion ==

* Outreachy contribution