[community] Community Team Meeting Notes - 28 Oct 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Nov 4 11:49:42 UTC 2019

Hi, here's our meeting log:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-10-28-15.59.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Community Team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-10-28

People:
    * Gus
    * c1e0 (PROTechThor)
    * yamakat
    * Mona (bluemoon)
    * Asong(LIlyLME)
    * Teona (Highflyer910)
    * Mac10101
    * ivhro

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
        - Something you may need help with.

yamakat:
    This week:
        - been answering and researching support questions to send them
          by email
        - more reading & configurations
    Next week:
        - submit PRs and get feedbacks on them
        - be more present on irc
        - global south irc meeting
    Help with:
        - PR reviews

Gus:
    This week:
        - Mostly afk.
        - Global South IRC Meeting
    Next week:
        - Back to daily work
        - https://mastodon.bida.im/@if_do/103023465589194716

Pili:
    Last week:
        - Meeting lots of great community folk at MozFest
    This week:
        - Catching up after MozFest
        - Reviewing Outreachy PRs
        - End of the month admin tasks: reviewing roadmaps, work load,
          etc...
        - afk on Friday 1st November
    Next week:
        - S9 Phase 2 report
    Help with:
        - We've got lots of great PRs from Outreachy people that we are
          really behind on reviewing

c1e0 (PROTechThor):
    This week:
        - Fixing issues and making PRs.
        - Answering questions on r/Tor, email and tor.stackexchange
        - Editing Tor's Wikipedia page.
        - Creating and editing spreadsheets.
    Next week:
        - Fixing more issues.
        - Answering more questions.
        - Global South IRC meeting - Oct 30, 1600 UTC.
        - Improving documentation.
    Help with:
        - Feedback on my work.

Mona (bluemoon):
    This week:
     - I made a big PR for spelling/grammar stuff in the community
       project (seems this one is fresher or has seen less review).
     - Received user questions from Gus and started writing my
     - Check out the other places where users leave comments (reddit,
       stack overflow etc); make sure I have an account and have access
to the right sections  / know how to find the tor questions). Started
doing this and will continue checking stuff out.

    Next week:
     - Mostly I will be working on responding to the user questions sent
       by Gus doing research partly in parts of the documentation I
haven't read yet (like blog etc.) for more detailed info e.g. reading
blog and check out user comments sections.
     - I'll ask on IRC about some more issues I found and see if they
       need tickets; if so I will create them.
     - Look at tickets to see if there is anything I can do.
     - I might try building the website locally since there were some
       PRs in response to tickets I created and I need to build to test
them.
    Help with:
     - PR reviews.
     - I might need help building the website (I'll try on my own
       first).

Asong(LilyLME):
    This week:
        -Researching and Answering question sent via email
        -Read blogs where Tor got featured
        -Worked on a web crawler to help me get email adresses
        -Helped new outreachy intern who asked me questions on private
message
    Next Week:
        -Doing more research
        -Work on issues and submit PRs
        -Global South IRC meeting
        -Try solving a Lektor issue
    Help with:
        -Reviewing my early PRs

Teona (Highflyer910):
    This week:
        - Made new PRs for new screenshots for the manual page and
          changed a page about Tor browser update
        - Started to work on support questions
        - Explored the whole lektor
    Next week:
        - Will continue and finish my support QA and exploring the
          answers
        - Will check new issues
        - Will try to answer new users questions on social media sites
        - Last try to solve Lektor problems on Linux
     Help with:
         - Review my last PRs please:)

Mac10101:
    This week:
    - Worked on many issues in issue tracker.
    - Made Some PR's
    - joined late, so did all the stuff together. Read documentaions,
      manuals etc..
    - Explored and configured Lektor. Went through documentation of
      Jinja2 to get some understanding of tor sites.
    - Working on questions received via email.
    - Trying to learn more and more about Tor
    Next Week:
    - Planning to spend some time in answering user queries
    - Thinking about making issue tracker short ;)
    - Learn more about Tor
    Help With:
    - Review my open PR's please so we can make issue tracker shorter ;)
    - Can't say for now, Will need help if I go on to fix some
      development related issues of site.

ivhro:
    This week:
        - submitting PR
        - started working on frontdesk questions sent by email
        - research
        - signed up for Transifex account
        - reading through users comments and questions on reddit
    Next week:
        - finalise frontdesk questions
        - working on issues and submit PRs
        - translation - on Transifex
    Help with:
        - Reviewing my PR

== Discussion ==

- Users common questions
  - Q: Do we need to show you reddit and stack answers before recording
    them? And is there a specific way to record these?
    A: please submit to my email (gus at tpo) all the links. You can also create a GitHub gist with all the links.
  - Website build in Windows: Mac01010 and c1e0 will create a ticket in
    support repository, so we can update our documentation