[community] Done With The Tor Browser

David Squirrelbait at CrispyCrittered.com
Sat May 4 12:47:24 UTC 2019

Hello:

I started using the Tor Browser several months ago, and I really liked it.

Recently, however, you disabled the following extensions/themes that I
installed from the Mozilla website:

Sebastian Kitty (Theme)

Addblock Plus (Extension)

Privacy Badger (Extension)

Roboform Password Manger (Extension)

No Script (Extension)

DuckDuck Go Privacy Essentials (Extension)

Now I get all kinds of crap when I attempt to browse the Internet with
Tor (scripts, advertisements etc.).

I like to be able to control my browser, but you folks at the Tor
Project have done away with all that; something about themes and
extensions being unverified.

I USED to have them all installed in the Tor Browser without any
problem, but now all of them have been disabled and there are no
substitutes for any of them (besides, why would I use a "substitute" for
an extension/theme that's already doing an adequate job?).

Tried to install some things from the Mozilla website but apparently
extensions and themes from Mozilla are pretty much ALL incompatible with
the Tor Browser.

NO THANK YOU!

I'm going back to using Brave and Firefox. Neither Firexfox or Brave
present any problems when it comes to using the extensions and themes
that I've been using for years (my personal preference is "Brave" It
looks like Google Chrome but it ISN'T Google Chrome (I want nothing to
do with Google) and it's a LOT faster than Firefox).

Seriously- what good is any browser when you disable themes and extensions?

I'm not about to recommend Tor to ANYone at this point (I had been doing
that but today it stops). Far as I'm concerned you browser is broken.

Later cats. This kittin' is splittin'

David