[community] new user of Tor browser

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Aug 7 09:38:46 UTC 2019

Hi Rein,

You can find our question answered in our Support portal:

Can I set Tor Browser as my default browser?

There is currently no supported method for setting Tor Browser as your
default browser. The Tor Browser works hard to isolate itself from the
rest of your system, and the steps for making it the default browser are
unreliable. This means sometimes a website would load in the Tor
Browser, and sometimes it would load in another browser, this type of
behavior can be dangerous and anonymity-breaking.

https://support.torproject.org/tbb/tbb-32/

all the best,
Gus