[community] Community Team meeting notes, 5 Aug 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Aug 5 17:01:39 UTC 2019

Here are our meeting notes:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-08-05-16.00.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday August 12 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-08-05

Presents:
    * Gus
    * emmapeel
    * cy63113
    * pili
    * antonela
    * kushal
    * thurayya

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.

Gus:
    This week:
        - Working on RT backlog and organizing a plan (shifts).
        - Sending community activities to CCCamp (August)
        - Working on Sponsor9 partnership template
        - Reviewing letter to ISPs in portuguese with caio and egypcio
          (mostly done)
        - Delegating Global South meeting to Pari and Cy
    Next week:
        - CCCamp prep
        - Community portal update (relay operations and training
          section)
        - More RT tickets

emmapeel:

    This week>

    - new localizations: snowflake, code of conduct
    - new translations: serbian, malay, polish, we need reviewers
    - recovery of strings (caps and others) in transifex

    Next week:

    - look onto the slides maybe
    - list of languages we have and the way we write them

pili:
    This week

    - Organise Community Team work in gitlab
    - Attempt to finally look at translation pipeline for community team
      materials
    - Move training partner partnership agreement forward
    - Help Al with DRL proposal for Community Team + UX
    - Community Portal if I get some time on Friday

    Next week
    - afk (vacations)

cy63113

    This week
    - (still) Working in RT
    - reviewing translations in Transefix

    Next week

    - Talk at University of Sao Paulo (Brazil)
    - Continue with RT
    - Continue with translations rewiew

== Discussion ==

* Documentation hackathon in September: goal update Tor Project
documentation - tb-manual.torproject.org and support.torproject.org.
Date: September 2 - 6th, 2019

    - 1: Write a blog post with goal + guide about how to contribute
      (select ticket + connect on IRC - #tor-www )
     - Top 3 contributors win a Tor t-shirt
    - 2: Ticket triage + tag docsHackathon (Pili and Gus)
    - 3: organize week calendar (one documentation section per day, eg,
      Onion Services, Tor Browser, Relays) (Pili)
    - 4: Call for volunteers - blog post and/or social media

* Tor community activities in CCCamp
Activities submitted to about:Freedom:
 - Tor relay operator meetup
 - Running Tor trainings in the Global South
 - State of the onion