[community] Migrating content to lektor

Traumschule traumschuleriebau at riseup.net
Tue Nov 20 10:33:19 UTC 2018

Good morning / noon / evening!

During the last months we were working to improve the legacy tpo
website. If you feel like, please have a look and give feedback:
https://github.com/torproject/webwml/pulls

Some of these changes would be great to get merged soon to correct
outdated information, some are enhancements with less urgency.

Since the current webwml website will be replaced by lektor based
projects our focus is to migrate HTML to markdown and add them to the
according repositories.

At this point your help is needed because it is not completely clear
where to put each content. A result of trying to get an overview is
https://bugs.torproject.org/28532

Some examples:

- Instant messaging

https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/6

Although named 'manual' this repository seems to be limited to Tor
Browser. Should instructions to torify applications be added to
support.torproject.org instead?

- Bridges / Pluggable Transports

PR 7 wants to merge the tpo bridges page:
https://github.com/torproject/manual/pull/7
https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges

It may be smart to use this opportunity to also merge
https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en

There is some overlap between this and the bridges page.
Following the links on this page brings up the wiki:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports/list
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports/obfs4proxy
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports#BecomeaPTbridgeoperator

Should these instructions be added to support.torproject.org?

- FAQs

There are several FAQs, see torproject.org/faq,
Will support.torproject.org be the new home?

- Mirrors

Now the tb-manual lists mirrors. Our mirror community is longing for an
update of the tpo mirrors list. Where can it be added?
http://dgvdmophvhunawds.onion/downloading/
https://github.com/torproject/webwml/pull/58
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/mirrors

Thanks and hopefully this is not too much at once!
(happy about replies with tiny bits as well)

--
traumschule.org

gpg fingerprint:
9356 4DED 8546 8D9A C290  3605 12EE 7D70 7111 2056

/otr info
OTR: traumschule at irc.indymedia.org fingerprint:
OTR: 35AACA83 4564616C B6EBEC66 56B6B2FC C8D572F1
OTR: traumschule at irc.oftc.net fingerprint:
OTR: D1CCD207 B60C1866 56A975AE ACE090E9 45E90846
OTR: traumschule at chat.freenode.net fingerprint:
OTR: 51BF8BB9 434840CC 24F264BC 76450C27 A6AADB12