[community] Colin's update

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Wed May 30 11:37:30 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

Since this week’s meeting is cancelled, I thought I’d provide my status update here:

- Started introducing myself to operators (few hundred so far)
- Worked with steph and tommy on blog post (https://blog.torproject.org/get-help-running-your-relay-our-new-advocate)
- Started looking into bringing Tor Weather back (common operator request)
- Reached out to operators listed on Arthur's DNS timeout page to encourage them to resolve the issue / offer help
- Continued to plan PETS meet-up
- Started working on blog post regarding operator communities
- Reached out to lawyer groups who may be willing to assist the operator community
- Started reaching out to operators running 0.2.5 as it was deprecated May 1st.
- Spent time interacting with operators from my introduction emails, people are very excited and have been sending great ideas and comments.
- #tor-relays IRC channel started a couple weeks ago is doing well, has around 80 users in it and has been fairly active and on-topic.
- Spent time working with out Outreachy intern Jaruga
- Have been getting Tommy set up with LDAP / Git access,
- Cleaning up RT and Transifex before they transition to a new admin.
- Dealt with power failure issue at local data center that resulted in a bw authority temporarily going offline

I hope you all have a great day!