[community] Building Community in Southern Europe

silvia [hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Sun May 27 16:06:35 UTC 2018

Hi Kevin,

On 05/27/2018 04:52 PM, Kevin Gallagher wrote:
> All of that sounds great! I believe I will be at PETS this year, so that
> will work out fantastically. Also, the slides to teach TB will be very
> useful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin
As people mentioned I live in Barcelona, so feel free to reach out to me
when you are around.
I am going to send you a few contacts about some groups you could reach
out to here around "Spain" (between quotes because Spanish people have a
complex idea of their national identity).

University groups:
Barcelona: https://www.criptica.org/
Madrid: https://librelabucm.org/
Malaga: https://librelabua.org/
Sevilla: Get in touch directly with Fernando, he is a tor contributor
(ffmancera at riseup.net)

Other groups:
https://xnet-x.net/en/ This groups works w digital rights and
anti-corruption. They installed global leaks for the city hall of Barcelona.
Our local cybersec meetup meets every month. We haven't done a full Tor
event yet. (https://www.meetup.com/Barcelona-Cybersecurity/)

If you wanted I could introduce directly to people in this groups. Also
the people organising IFF are in touch with a few local groups in
Valencia. Lots of them are in NYC.

If you wanted to organise something in Barcelona let me know, I can help
with finding a space and providing cheap or free drinks ;)

The only thing you should keep in mind is that from June till the end of
August people will start slowing down. Some companies do "horario
reducido" (reduced working schedule). This means that some people will
start working around 8AM and around 3PM they head to the beach or
swimming pool to cool off.

I hope this helps. Anything else, let me know.

Talk soon,
-hiro