[community] Building Community in Southern Europe

Kevin Gallagher kcg295 at nyu.edu
Fri May 25 16:10:48 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around for community meetings. These past few weeks
have been a bit busy.

Soon I'm going to be heading over to Portugal, and I'll also spend some
time in Spain. I'll be there for the whole summer. I remember that after
one of our NYC meetings we discussed that the (known) Tor community in
southern Europe is quite small. While I'm there I'd like to try to build
it up and get the people there more involved (if that's fine with TPO).
So far I reached out and set up a meeting with one university student
who is interested in Internet freedom and privacy, but I'd rather not
put all of my eggs into one basket.

Are there any tips about how I should go about trying to build up a
community while I'm there? Any places that typically work in community
building efforts (libraries, schools, etc.), especially for meeting
space? I'd love any tips on how I should approach this.

Thanks,

Kevin

--
Kevin Gallagher