[community] greetings

GMan999 gman999 at torbsd.org
Tue May 15 18:01:00 UTC 2018

isabela:
> I am here too! isabela
>
> On 5/15/18 1:20 AM, gus wrote:
>> Hey Kevin and G! I have a question about the meetup in NYC: which
>> group(s) are you targeting: users, (new) relays ops, Tor allies..?
>> And how are you reaching them.

Let's stop this top-posting insanity :)

Just to be clear, it's not just Kevin and me. There's a good number of
other NYC people involved on this list, but I don't know if they're here
yet.

My personal feeling is that we change the audience for each bi-monthly
meeting. We should be casting a wide net. We're in NYC, and there's a
large layer of relay ops people, regular TB users, trainers and so many
more that TPO is not even aware of.

The first meeting addressed relays operators, another journalists,
another more broad.

We are also (trying) to vary the location to make the meetings more
accessible.

I am proposing this:

for June: a loose social on June 14, Thursday

August 2 would be another public meeting aimed at a broad audience
(again), since we intend to build it out of the HOPE conference July
20-22.  We also plan to do a social event at HOPE on either Friday or
Saturday, but that will depend on the HOPE schedule. At the minimum, our
plenary panel was accepted, which is great news. We are still waiting on
whether we have a table in the vendor area.

What others are doing in their locale is definitely of interest to us.

**

9927 587B 286A A21E 3022 A00F 8D55 D690 FA74 2289