[community] Colin's status update

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Thu Jan 25 00:28:58 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Sorry for missing the community meeting today, here is the status update I would have given:

1. I performed a number of tests on Transifex with the new files from Lektor to make sure the support portal will be translatable.

2. I spent much of last week working on our GSoC application, and has of Tuesday this week the Tor Project has successfully applied for GSoC 2018!

3. I started review of the relay operator manual

4. I’ve started collecting and compiling ideas / mentors for GSoC 2018

5. I answered some tickets on RT

6. I’ve started writing a complete guide for translators on how to get involved

7. I’ve started writing a complete guide for our developers on how to get strings translated

8. Started figuring out details regarding my travel to Rome

10. I’m 2/3 of the way through updating the screenshots and language in the Tor Browser user manual to match Tor Browser 7.5. As of yesterday, the Tor Browser manual has an “alpha” deployment which we can work with (Thanks Weasel!), and in the future we can stage changes there instead of waiting for a bundle to become stable.

Thanks, I hope you’re all having a good week!