[community] [proposal] support.tpo update cycle

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Aug 20 23:07:37 UTC 2018

Hi Alison,

Em Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 04:39:00PM +0000, Alison Macrina escreveu:
> gus:
> > Hey folks!
> > Last week, emmapeel and I started to draft support.tpo update cycle.
> >
> > Please, see if this workflow works for you.
>
> Sorry for my slow reply! Thanks for getting this workflow started Gus
> and Emma!

I thought we're going to have enough time to discuss this during our
community meeting, but turned out that we were all busy these last weeks,
so replying you here.

> > Release cycle
> > -------------
> >
> > - We aim to update support.torproject.org once a month, starting on the
> >   10th.
> > - Community liaison (gus) will bring the content to change.> - Localization coordinator (emma) and community liaison will ask others
> >   to review the modifications and then update the website.
> > - Localization coordinator update translations in transifex.
> >
> > How to submit content changes
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > For content changes, you can open a trac ticket and choose the
> > component:
> > Community/Tor Support.
>
> This looks good to me. I will make a point to add suggested content
> changes to the portal based on the monthly user advocate feedback.

Ok!

> > Trac
> > ----
> >
> > Where in trac.tpo we could add this workflow? :)
>
> Should we put it right on the support portal? Something like "have
> feedback?" or some other language that communicates that this feedback
> option is for content changes/additions, not for getting more help using
> Tor?

Yes, and if we look in trac content draft, there was a contact section,
but I don't know why it wasn't included:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/Support#Contact

Maybe it was because the section name could confuse with the website menu? If
so, we could just rename to "Feedback".

Btw, the duplicated questions are intentional?

cheers!,
Gus

--
PGP: 427F 2D71 7664 D215 378C B412 8BDC 87FB 7215 E189