[community] Journalists Training

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir at torproject.org
Thu Sep 7 14:51:27 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As I have been discussing recently, we are conducting a Tor talk/digital
security workshop for journalists in India in association with the Software
Freedom Law Center in New Delhi. The SFLC shared the list of things they would
like to be covered so I am sharing with the community to get your feedback.
(This version is modified from their original version with my changes.)

    Duration
        2 Hours 30 Minutes

    Introduction to Threats
     * Surveillance
     * Malware
     * Censorship

    Operational Security
     * Passwords, Password Managers
     * Operating Systems
      * Full-disk Encryption
     * Browser Add-ons

    Tor
     * Tor Browser
     * SecureDrop
       (sukhe: My idea is that we can get some news organizations in India to
       set up SecureDrop. I am not the right person to help them with this but
       at least I can get the conversation going.)
     * Tor on Mobile

    Secure Chat
     * Signal

    Email Security
     * PGP

This is the first time I will be part of such a workshop, so please share any
resources or tips you may have!

--
Sukhbir