[community] Tor talk/workshop at CJFE Toronto

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir at torproject.org
Mon Oct 30 19:40:13 UTC 2017

Hi Alison,

> > The slides for the talk: feedback is welcome, and let me know if you want me
> > to change anything. Be critical, please!
> >
> >     https://people.torproject.org/~sukhbir/talks/toronto-cjfe-draft1.pdf
>
> This link doesn't appear to be working for me!

Sorry this was the draft. The final presentation is at:

    https://people.torproject.org/~sukhbir/talks/toronto-cjfe-2017-oct.pdf

> I think this all sounds great. You could start off by asking people to
> say what kinds of information they *think* can be seen when not using
> Tor. This could be a good way to start things off interactively while
> also getting a sense of how much the audience already knows. I would ask
> members of the audience to share, one at a time, what they think can be
> seen when they browse the web, and then by show of hands, see how many
> other audience members agree with each assessment. That could lead right
> into the actual demonstrations of logs and fingerprinting and ultimately
> Tor Browser.

That's a good idea. I will incorporate this in the slides. There was a session
on threat modeling in the morning but asking people individually (those who
want to share) what they think is a good way to start the talk. Then that
makes the logs and the fingerprinting more relatable.

--
Sukhbir