[community] Team day in Montreal

Alison Macrina alison at libraryfreedomproject.org
Fri Aug 11 20:37:00 UTC 2017

ilv at torproject.org:
> Hi Alison,
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 02:34:00PM +0000, Alison Macrina wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> First, a reminder that at the Montreal meeting, the "team meetings" day
>> will be on Wednesday October 11th -- so make sure to arrive in Montreal
>> on the 10th.
>>

> According to the wiki page [1], Wed 11th is for arriving and dinner at night.
> I was actually planning to arrive on that day. Can you confirm that this
> info is correct/incorrect?
>
> [1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2017Montreal
>
> Thanks.

Hi Israel,

I actually sent an email about the team meeting day to this list before
the invites went out (dated 11 July). Here's what that email says:

"Hi Community Team,

The active members of the team should be receiving their invites to the
October Tor Meeting in Montreal soon!

What the invitation doesn't say is that there will be a team meeting on:

  *Wednesday, October 11*

The purpose of that day is to have dedicated time for meetings within
teams as well as between teams.

When you make travel plans, please be sure to take that into account by
arriving one day earlier than you would have for the schedule in Jon's
invitation. If that means that you have to leave one day earlier than
you had originally planned, that's okay.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Ideally, let's coordinate our travel plans a bit before booking anything
to make the most out of this meeting!"

I'm sorry if you missed this message! I hope this doesn't create
problems for your travel plans. We did not put the team meetings day on
the wiki because when we did this last time it created a lot of
confusion for people who were not invited on the team meetings day.

Let me know if you have other questions about this.

Alison