[tor-commits] [tor/release-0.4.6] Light edits to changelog
dgoulet at torproject.org
dgoulet at torproject.org
Fri May 7 13:09:31 UTC 2021
Author: Nick Mathewson <nickm at torproject.org>
Date: Fri Jan 22 10:07:05 2021 -0500
Light edits to changelog
ChangeLog | 39 ++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
1 file changed, 20 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index f6ef110ff2..084689140f 100644
@@ -11,35 +11,36 @@ Changes in version 0.4.5.4-rc - 2021-01-22
o Major bugfixes (directory cache, performance, windows):
- Limit the number of items in the consensus diff cache to 64 on
- Windows. We hope this will help resolve an issue where Windows
- relay operators reported Tor using 100% CPU, while we investigate
- better solutions. Fixes bug 24857; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
+ Windows. We hope this will mitigate an issue where Windows relay
+ operators reported Tor using 100% CPU, while we investigate better
+ solutions. Fixes bug 24857; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Minor feature (build system):
- - New "make lsp" command to auto generate the compile_commands.json
- file used by the ccls server. The "bear" program is needed for
+ - New "make lsp" command to generate the compile_commands.json file
+ used by the ccls language server. The "bear" program is needed for
this. Closes ticket 40227.
o Minor features (authority, logging):
- - Give more visibility to directory authority operators during the
- consensus voting process and while processing relay descriptors.
+ - Log more information for directory authority operators during the
+ consensus voting process, and while processing relay descriptors.
Closes ticket 40245.
- - Reject obsolete router/extrainfo descs earlier and more quietly,
- Fixes bug 40238; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
+ - Reject obsolete router/extrainfo descriptors earlier and more
+ quietly, to avoid spamming the logs. Fixes bug 40238; bugfix
+ on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Fix another warning about unreachable fallthrough annotations when
building with "--enable-all-bugs-are-fatal" on some compilers.
Fixes bug 40241; bugfix on 0.4.5.3-rc.
- - Change our search library configure macro linker flag order so it
- works for certain compilers that need the libraries to be listed
- in the right order. Fixes bug 33624; bugfix on 0.1.1.0-alpha.
+ - Change the linker flag ordering in our library search code so that
+ it works for compilers that need the libraries to be listed in the
+ right order. Fixes bug 33624; bugfix on 0.1.1.0-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (config, bridge):
- - Don't initiate a connection to a bridge without a corresponding
- transport. This also reverts an earlier fix we did for this that
- would validate configuration to avoid such situations, which
- doesn't work well with DisableNetwork. Fixes bug 40106; bugfix
+ - Don't initiate a connection to a bridge configured to use a
+ missing transport. This change reverts an earlier fix that would
+ try to avoid such situations during configuration chcecking, but
+ which doesn't work with DisableNetwork. Fixes bug 40106; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (onion services):
@@ -48,9 +49,9 @@ Changes in version 0.4.5.4-rc - 2021-01-22
bugfix on 0.3.0.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- - If we were unable to build our descriptor, don't mark that we've
- advertised our descriptor. Also remove an harmless BUG(). Fixes
- bug 40231; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
+ - If we were unable to build our descriptor, don't mark it as having
+ been advertised. Also remove an harmless BUG(). Fixes bug 40231;
+ bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
Changes in version 0.4.5.3-rc - 2021-01-12
More information about the tor-commits