[tor-commits] [tor/master] changelog cleanups
arma at torproject.org
arma at torproject.org
Fri Feb 9 22:04:57 UTC 2018
Author: Roger Dingledine <arma at torproject.org>
Date: Fri Feb 9 17:04:39 2018 -0500
ChangeLog | 75 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------
1 file changed, 36 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index bf9f2d5a7..601a2ae6c 100644
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
Tor 0.3.3.2-alpha is the second alpha in the 0.3.3.x series. It
- introduces a mechanism to handle the high loads that many relays
+ introduces a mechanism to handle the high loads that many relay
operators have been reporting recently. It also fixes several bugs in
older releases. If this new code proves reliable, we plan to backport
it to older supported release series.
@@ -33,19 +33,18 @@ Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
bug 25070; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Major bugfixes (scheduler, consensus):
- - A logic in the code was preventing the scheduler subystem to
- properly make a decision based on the latest consensus when it
- arrives. This lead to the scheduler failing to notice any
- consensus parameters that might have changed between consensuses.
- Fixes bug 24975; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
+ - The scheduler subsystem was failing to promptly notice changes
+ in consensus parameters, making it harder to switch schedulers
+ network-wide. Fixes bug 24975; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
o Minor features (denial-of-service avoidance):
- Make our OOM handler aware of the geoip client history cache so it
- doesn't fill up the memory which is especially important for IPv6
+ doesn't fill up the memory. This check is important for IPv6
and our DoS mitigation subsystem. Closes ticket 25122.
o Minor features (directory authority):
- - When unable to add signatures to a pending consensus, log the
+ - When directory authorities are unable to add signatures to a
+ pending consensus, log the
reason why. Closes ticket 24849.
o Minor features (geoip):
@@ -53,19 +52,19 @@ Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
o Minor features (logging, diagnostic):
- - When logging a failure to check a onion service's certificate,
- also log what the problem with the certificate was. Diagnostic for
+ - When logging a failure to create an onion service's descriptor,
+ also log what the problem with the descriptor was. Diagnostic for
o Minor bugfix (channel connection):
- The accurate address of a connection is real_addr, not the addr
member. TLS Channel remote address is now real_addr content
- instead of addr member. Fixes bug 24952; bugfix on 707c1e2e26 in
+ instead of addr member. Fixes bug 24952; bugfix on
0.2.4.11-alpha. Patch by "ffmancera".
- o Minor bugfix (directory authority, documentation):
- - When a fingerprint or network address is marked as rejected, the
- returned message by the authority now explicitly mention to set a
+ o Minor bugfix (directory authority):
+ - Directory authorities, when refusing a descriptor from a rejected
+ relay, now explicitly tell the relay (in its logs) to set a
valid ContactInfo address and contact the bad-relays@ mailing
list. Fixes bug 25170; bugfix on 0.2.9.1.
@@ -75,14 +74,14 @@ Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
Patch from Deepesh Pathak.
o Minor bugfixes (circuit, cannibalization):
- - Don't cannibalize circuits for which we don't know the first hop
- which can happen if our Guard relay went off the consensus after
- the circuit was created preemptively. Fixes bug 24469; bugfix
- on 0.0.6.
+ - Don't cannibalize preemptively-built circuits if we no longer
+ recognize their first hop. This situation can happen if our Guard
+ relay went off the consensus after the circuit was created. Fixes
+ bug 24469; bugfix on 0.0.6.
o Minor bugfixes (correctness):
- Remove a nonworking, unnecessary check to see whether a circuit
- hop's identity was set when the circuit failed. Fixes bug 24927;
+ hop's identity digest was set when the circuit failed. Fixes bug 24927;
bugfix on 0.2.4.4-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (logging):
@@ -90,17 +89,17 @@ Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
it can happen normally when we are out of disk space. Fixes bug
24859; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
- Fix a (mostly harmless) race condition when invoking
- LOG_PROTOCOL_WARN message from a subthread while the options are
+ LOG_PROTOCOL_WARN message from a subthread while the torrc options are
changing. Fixes bug 23954; bugfix on 0.1.1.9-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (onion services):
- - Remove a BUG() statement which can be triggered in normal
- circumstances where a client fetches a descriptor that has a lower
- revision counter than the one in its cache. This can happen due to
- HSDir desync. Fixes bug 24976; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
- - Don't log in the heartbeat any long term established one hop
- rendezvous points if tor is a single onion service. Fixes bug
- 25116; bugfix on 0.2.9.6-rc;
+ - Remove a BUG() statement when a client fetches an onion descriptor
+ that has a lower revision counter than the one in its cache. This
+ can happen in normal circumstances due to HSDir desync. Fixes bug
+ 24976; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
+ - If we are configured to offer a single onion service, don't log
+ long-term established one hop rendezvous points in the heartbeat.
+ Fixes bug 25116; bugfix on 0.2.9.6-rc.
o Minor bugfixes (performance):
- Avoid calling protocol_list_supports_protocol() from inside tight
@@ -121,13 +120,13 @@ Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
o Minor bugfixes (scheduler, KIST):
- Avoid adding the same channel twice in the KIST scheduler pending
- list wasting CPU cycles at handling the same channel twice. Fixes
- bug 24700; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
+ list, which would waste CPU cycles handling the same channel twice.
+ Fixes bug 24700; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (unit test, monotonic time):
- - Bump a gap of 1msec to 10msec used in the monotonic time test that
- makes sure the nsec/usec/msec time read are synchronized. This
- change was needed to accommodate slow system like armel or when
+ - Bump a gap of 1msec to 10msec in the monotonic time test that
+ makes sure the nsec/usec/msec times read are synchronized. This
+ change was needed to accommodate slow systems like armel or when
the clock_gettime() is not a VDSO on the running kernel. Fixes bug
25113; bugfix on 0.2.9.1.
@@ -137,17 +136,15 @@ Changes in version 0.3.3.2-alpha - 2018-02-09
v3 onion service protocol as a rendezvous point. Fixes bug 25105;
bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
- o Code simplification and refactoring:
- - Remove the unused nodelist_recompute_all_hsdir_indices(). Closes
- ticket 25108.
- o Documentation:
+ o Documentation (man page):
- HiddenServiceVersion only accepts one version to be specified.
This version can either be version 2 or 3. Closes ticket 25026;
bugfix on 0.3.2.2-alpha.
- o Code simplification and refactoring (rephist):
- - Remove a series of counters used to track circuit extend attemps
+ o Code simplification and refactoring:
+ - Remove the unused nodelist_recompute_all_hsdir_indices(). Closes
+ ticket 25108.
+ - Remove a series of counters used to track circuit extend attempts
and connection status but that in reality we aren't using for
anything other than stats logged by a SIGUSR1 signal. Closes
More information about the tor-commits