[tor-commits] [tor/master] touchups on upcoming changelog
arma at torproject.org
arma at torproject.org
Sat Apr 26 01:34:02 UTC 2014
Author: Roger Dingledine <arma at torproject.org>
Date: Fri Apr 25 21:28:03 2014 -0400
touchups on upcoming changelog
ChangeLog | 60 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------------
1 file changed, 29 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index e57ad2f..1448fa7 100644
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
improvements for clients and relays, including blacklisting authority
signing keys that were used while susceptible to the OpenSSL
"heartbleed" bug, fixing two expensive functions on busy relays,
- improved TLS ciphersuite preference lists, support run-time hardening
+ improved TLS ciphersuite preference lists, supporting run-time hardening
on compilers that support AddressSanitizer, and more work on the Linux
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
that use bridges), two new TransPort protocols supported (one on
OpenBSD, one on FreeBSD), and various other bugfixes.
- This release marks end-of-line for Tor 0.2.2.x; those Tor versions
+ This release marks end-of-life for Tor 0.2.2.x; those Tor versions
have accumulated many known flaws; everyone should upgrade.
o Major features (security):
@@ -29,8 +29,8 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
nearly out of circuit IDs. Previously, we would do a linear scan
over possible circuit IDs before finding one or deciding that we
had exhausted our possibilities. Now, we try at most 64 random
- circuit IDs before deciding that we probably won't succeed. Fix
- for a possible root cause of ticket #11553.
+ circuit IDs before deciding that we probably won't succeed. Fixes
+ a possible root cause of ticket 11553.
o Major features (seccomp2 sandbox, Linux only):
- The seccomp2 sandbox can now run a test network for multiple hours
@@ -48,10 +48,10 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
uniform criteria, and includes all OpenSSL ciphersuites with
acceptable strength and forward secrecy. Previously, we had left
some perfectly fine ciphersuites unsupported due to omission or
- typo. Resolves bugs #11513, #11492, #11498, #11499. Bugs reported
+ typo. Resolves bugs 11513, 11492, 11498, 11499. Bugs reported
by 'cypherpunks'. Bugfix on 0.2.4.8-alpha.
- Relays now trust themselves to have a better view than clients of
- which TLS ciphersuites are better than others. (Thanks to #11513,
+ which TLS ciphersuites are better than others. (Thanks to bug 11513,
the relay list is now well-considered, whereas the client list has
been chosen mainly for anti-fingerprinting purposes.) Relays
prefer: AES over 3DES; then ECDHE over DHE; then GCM over CBC;
@@ -64,13 +64,13 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
Resolves ticket 11438.
o Minor features (Transparent proxy, *BSD):
- - Support FreeBSD's ipfw firewall interface for TransPort ports. on
+ - Support FreeBSD's ipfw firewall interface for TransPort ports on
FreeBSD. To enable it, set "TransProxyType ipfw". Resolves ticket
10267; patch from "yurivict".
- Support OpenBSD's divert-to rules with the pf firewall for
- transparent proxy ports. To enable it, set "TransProxyType pf-
- divert". This allows Tor to run a TransPort transparent proxy port
- on OpenBSD 4.4 or later without root privileges. See the
+ transparent proxy ports. To enable it, set "TransProxyType
+ pf-divert". This allows Tor to run a TransPort transparent proxy
+ port on OpenBSD 4.4 or later without root privileges. See the
pf.conf(5) manual page for information on configuring pf to use
divert-to rules. Closes ticket 10896; patch from Dana Koch.
@@ -102,11 +102,11 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
ESTABLISH_RENDEZVOUS cell. Fixes ticket 11279.
- When we run out of usable circuit IDs on a channel, log only one
warning for the whole channel, and describe how many circuits
- there were on the channel. Fix for part of ticket #11553.
+ there were on the channel. Fixes part of ticket 11553.
o Minor features (controller):
- Make the entire exit policy available from the control port via
- GETINFO exit-policy/*. Implements enhancement #7952. Patch from
+ GETINFO exit-policy/*. Implements enhancement 7952. Patch from
- Because of the fix for ticket 11396, the real limit for memory
usage may no longer match the configured MaxMemInQueues value. The
@@ -135,7 +135,7 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
hope. Fixes bug 10268; bugfix on 0.2.0.1-alpha. Original patch
- o Minor bugfixes (exit):
+ o Minor bugfixes (exit relay):
- Stop leaking memory when we successfully resolve a PTR record.
Fixes bug 11437; bugfix on 0.2.4.7-alpha.
@@ -151,15 +151,15 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
bugfix on 0.2.0.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (client, logging during bootstrap):
- - Warn only once we start logging in an unsafe way. Previously, we
- complain as many times we had problems. Fix for #9870; bugfix on
+ - Warn only once if we start logging in an unsafe way. Previously, we
+ complain as many times as we had problems. Fixes bug 9870;
+ bugfix on 0.2.5.1-alpha.
- Only report the first fatal bootstrap error on a given OR
connection. This stops us from telling the controller bogus error
messages like "DONE". Fixes bug 10431; bugfix on 0.2.1.1-alpha.
- Be more helpful when trying to run sandboxed on Linux without
libseccomp. Instead of saying "Sandbox is not implemented on this
- platform", we now explain that we to need be built with
+ platform", we now explain that we need to be built with
libseccomp. Fixes bug 11543; bugfix on 0.2.5.1-alpha.
- Avoid generating spurious warnings when starting with
DisableNetwork enabled. Fixes bug 11200 and bug 10405; bugfix on
@@ -169,11 +169,11 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
- If write_to_buf() in connection_write_to_buf_impl_() ever fails,
check if it's an or_connection_t and correctly call
connection_or_close_for_error() rather than
- connection_mark_for_close() directly. Fixes bug #11304; bugfix on
+ connection_mark_for_close() directly. Fixes bug 11304; bugfix on
- When closing all connections on setting DisableNetwork to 1, use
connection_or_close_normally() rather than closing OR connections
- out from under the channel layer. Fixes bug #11306; bugfix on
+ out from under the channel layer. Fixes bug 11306; bugfix on
o Minor bugfixes (controller):
@@ -197,7 +197,7 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
- Don't report failures from make_socket_reuseable() on incoming
sockets on OSX: this can happen when incoming connections close
- early. Fix for bug 10081.
+ early. Fixes bug 10081.
o Minor bugfixes (trivial memory leaks):
- Fix a small memory leak when signing a directory object. Fixes bug
@@ -206,8 +206,7 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
harmless memory leak. Fixes bug 11278; bugfix on 0.2.5.1-alpha.
- Don't re-initialize a second set of OpenSSL mutexes when starting
up. Previously, we'd make one set of mutexes, and then immediately
- replace them with another. Fixes bug 11726; bugfix on
+ replace them with another. Fixes bug 11726; bugfix on 0.2.5.3-alpha.
- Resolve some memory leaks found by coverity in the unit tests, on
exit in tor-gencert, and on a failure to compute digests for our
own keys when generating a v3 networkstatus vote. These leaks
@@ -215,18 +214,17 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
o Minor bugfixes (hidden service):
- Only retry attempts to connect to a chosen rendezvous point 8
- times, not 30. Fixes bug #4241; bugfix on 0.1.0.1-rc.
+ times, not 30. Fixes bug 4241; bugfix on 0.1.0.1-rc.
- o Minor bugfixes (misc correctness):
+ o Minor bugfixes (misc code correctness):
- Fix various instances of undefined behavior in channeltls.c,
- tor_memmem(), and eventdns.c, that would cause us to construct
+ tor_memmem(), and eventdns.c that would cause us to construct
pointers to memory outside an allocated object. (These invalid
pointers were not accessed, but C does not even allow them to
- exist.) Fixes bug #10363; bugfixes on 0.2.0.10-alpha,
- 0.2.3.6-alpha, 0.1.1.1-alpha, and 0.1.2.1-alpha. Reported by
+ exist.) Fixes bug 10363; bugfixes on 0.1.1.1-alpha, 0.1.2.1-alpha,
+ 0.2.0.10-alpha, and 0.2.3.6-alpha. Reported by "bobnomnom".
- Use the AddressSanitizer and Ubsan sanitizers (in clang-3.4) to
- fix some miscellaneous errors in our tests and codebase. Fix for
+ fix some miscellaneous errors in our tests and codebase. Fixes
bug 11232. Bugfixes on versions back as far as 0.2.1.11-alpha.
- Always check return values for unlink, munmap, UnmapViewOfFile;
check strftime return values more often. In some cases all we can
@@ -256,9 +254,9 @@ Changes in version 0.2.5.4-alpha - 2014-04-25
- Resolve warnings from Doxygen.
o Code simplifications and refactoring:
- - Removing is_internal_IP() function. Resolves ticket 4645.
+ - Remove is_internal_IP() function. Resolves ticket 4645.
- Remove unused function circuit_dump_by_chan from circuitlist.c.
- Closes issue #9107; patch from "marek".
+ Closes issue 9107; patch from "marek".
- Change our use of the ENUM_BF macro to avoid declarations that
More information about the tor-commits