[tor-commits] [tor/release-0.2.4] give it a blurb and touch up the changelog stanzas
arma at torproject.org
arma at torproject.org
Thu Sep 5 06:32:51 UTC 2013
Author: Roger Dingledine <arma at torproject.org>
Date: Thu Sep 5 02:32:02 2013 -0400
give it a blurb and touch up the changelog stanzas
ChangeLog | 19 ++++++++++++-------
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index f237e27..1faa2b0 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,10 @@
-Changes in version 0.2.4.17-rc - 2013-09-0x
+Changes in version 0.2.4.17-rc - 2013-09-05
+ Tor 0.2.4.17-rc is the third release candidate for the Tor 0.2.4.x
+ series. It adds an emergency step to help us tolerate the massive
+ influx of users: 0.2.4 clients using the new (faster and safer) "NTor"
+ circuit-level handshakes now effectively jump the queue compared to
+ the 0.2.3 clients using "TAP" handshakes. This release also fixes a
+ big bug hindering bridge reachability tests.
o Major features:
- Relays now process the new "NTor" circuit-level handshake requests
@@ -15,20 +21,19 @@ Changes in version 0.2.4.17-rc - 2013-09-0x
- Bridges now send AUTH_CHALLENGE cells during their v3 handshakes;
previously they did not, which prevented them from receiving
successful connections from relays for self-test or bandwidth
- testing. Fixes bug 9546; bugfix on 0.2.3.6-alpha.
- - When a relay is extending a circuit to a bridge, it needs to send a
- NETINFO cell, even when the bridge hasn't sent an AUTH_CHALLENGE
- cell. Fixes bug 9546; bugfix on 0.2.3.6-alpha.
+ testing. Also, when a relay is extending a circuit to a bridge,
+ it needs to send a NETINFO cell, even when the bridge hasn't sent
+ an AUTH_CHALLENGE cell. Fixes bug 9546; bugfix on 0.2.3.6-alpha.
- If the time to download the next old-style networkstatus is in
the future, do not decline to consider whether to download the
next microdescriptor networkstatus. Fixes bug 9564; bugfix on
o Minor bugfixes:
- - Avoid double-closing the listener socket in our socketpair
+ - Avoid double-closing the listener socket in our socketpair()
replacement (used on Windows) in the case where the addresses on
our opened sockets don't match what we expected. Fixes bug 9400;
- bugfix on every released Tor version. Found by Coverity.
+ bugfix on 0.0.2pre7. Found by Coverity.
o Minor fixes (config options):
- Avoid overflows when the user sets MaxCircuitDirtiness to a
More information about the tor-commits