[or-cvs] [tor/maint-0.2.1] Revise 0.2.1.17-rc changelog.
nickm at seul.org
Thu Jul 2 14:13:06 UTC 2009
Author: Roger Dingledine <arma at .mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:13:01 -0400
Subject: Revise 0.2.1.17-rc changelog.
ChangeLog | 49 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
1 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index 55f0f2c..a3199c7 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,19 @@
-Changes in version 0.2.1.17-?? - 2009-??-??
+Changes in version 0.2.1.17-rc - 2009-07-02
+ o Major features:
+ - Clients now use the bandwidth values in the consensus, rather than
+ the bandwidth values in each relay descriptor. This approach opens
+ the door to more accurate bandwidth estimates once the directory
+ authorities start doing active measurements. Implements more of
+ proposal 141.
o Major bugfixes:
+ - When Tor clients restart after 1-5 days, they discard all their
+ cached descriptors as too old, but they still use the cached
+ consensus document. This approach is good for robustness, but
+ bad for performance: since they don't know any bandwidths, they
+ end up choosing at random rather than weighting their choice by
+ speed. Fixed by the above feature of putting bandwidths in the
+ consensus. Bugfix on 0.2.0.x.
- Directory authorities were neglecting to mark relays down in their
internal histories if the relays fall off the routerlist without
ever being found unreachable. So there were relays in the histories
@@ -11,29 +25,22 @@ Changes in version 0.2.1.17-?? - 2009-??-??
o Minor bugfixes:
- Serve the DirPortFrontPage page even when we have been approaching
- our quotas recently. Fixes bug 1013; bugfix on 0.2.1.8-alpha.
- - Do not cap bandwidths reported by directory authorities; they are
- already adjusted to reflect reality.
+ our quotas recently. Fixes bug 1013; bugfix on 0.2.1.8-alpha.
+ - The control port would close the connection before flushing long
+ replies, such as the network consensus, if a QUIT command was issued
+ before the reply had completed. Now, the control port flushes all
+ pending replies before closing the connection. Also fixed a spurious
+ warning when a QUIT command is issued after a malformed or rejected
+ AUTHENTICATE command, but before the connection was closed. Patch
+ by Marcus Griep. Bugfix on 0.2.0.x; fixes bugs 1015 and 1016.
- When we can't find an intro key for a v2 hidden service descriptor,
fall back to the v0 hidden service descriptor and log a bug message.
- Workaround for bug1024.
- o Major features:
- - Clients now use the bandwidth values in the consensus, rather than
- the bandwidth values in each relay descriptor. This approach opens
- the door to more accurate bandwidth estimates once the directory
- authorities start doing active measurements. Implements more of
- proposal 141.
+ Workaround for bug 1024.
- o Minor bugfixes (on 0.2.0.x):
- - Control port would close the connection before flushing long
- replies, such as the network consensus, if a QUIT command was
- issued before the reply had completed. Now, the control port
- flushes all pending replies before closing the connection.
- Also fixed a condition where a QUIT command issued after a
- malformed or rejected AUTHENTICATE command, but before the
- connection was closed would result in a warning in the logger
- for a doubly-closed connection. Fixes bugs 1015 and 1016.
+ o Minor features:
+ - If we're a relay and we change our IP address, be more verbose
+ about the reason that made us change. Should help track down
+ further bugs for relays on dynamic IP addresses.
Changes in version 0.2.1.16-rc - 2009-06-20
More information about the tor-commits