[or-cvs] [tor/master] clean up the 0.2.2.1-alpha changelog entry
arma at seul.org
arma at seul.org
Fri Jul 24 22:58:30 UTC 2009
Author: Roger Dingledine <arma at torproject.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:58:09 -0400
Subject: clean up the 0.2.2.1-alpha changelog entry
ChangeLog | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++------------------------------------
1 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index 81bf399..acc6e14 100644
@@ -1,13 +1,27 @@
-Changes in version 0.2.2.1-alpha - 2009-??-??
- o Security fixes:
- - Fix an edge case where a malicious exit relay could convince a
- controller that the client's DNS question resolves to an internal IP
- address. Bug found and fixed by "optimist"; bugfix on 0.1.2.8-beta.
+Changes in version 0.2.2.1-alpha - 2009-07-2?
o Major features:
- Add support for dynamic OpenSSL hardware crypto acceleration engines
via new AccelName and AccelDir options.
+ o New options for gathering stats safely:
+ - Directories that configure with --enable-dirreq-stats and set
+ "DirReqStatistics 1" write directory request stats to disk every
+ 24 hours. As compared to the --enable-geoip-stats flag in 0.2.1.x,
+ there are a few improvements: 1) stats are written to disk exactly
+ every 24 hours; 2) estimated shares of v2 and v3 requests are
+ determined as mean values, not at the end of a measurement period;
+ 3) unresolved requests are listed with country code '??';
+ 4) directories also measure download times.
+ - Exit nodes that configure with --enable-exit-stats and set
+ "ExitPortStatistics 1" write statistics on the number of exit
+ streams and transferred bytes per port to disk every 24 hours.
+ - Relays that configure with --enable-buffer-stats and set
+ "CellStatistics 1" write statistics to disk every 24 hours on how
+ long cells spend in their circuit queues.
+ - Entry nodes that configure with --enable-entry-stats and set
+ "EntryStatistics 1" write statistics to disk every 24 hours on
+ the rough number and origins of connecting clients.
o Minor features:
- New --digests command-line switch to output the digests of the
source files Tor was built with.
@@ -15,42 +29,13 @@ Changes in version 0.2.2.1-alpha - 2009-??-??
- The memarea code now uses a sentinel value at the end of each area
to make sure nothing writes beyond the end of an area. This might
help debug some conceivable causes of bug 930.
- - Directories that are configured with the --enable-dirreq-stats flag
- and have "DirReqStatistics 1" set write directory request stats to
- disk every 24 hours. As compared to the --enable-geoip-stats flag
- in 0.2.1.x, there are a few improvements: 1) stats are written to
- disk exactly every 24 hours; 2) estimated shares of v2 and v3
- requests are determined as mean values, not at the end of a
- measurement period; 3) unresolved requests are listed with country
- code '??'; 4) directories also measure download times.
- - Exit nodes can write statistics on the number of exit streams and
- transferred bytes per port to disk every 24 hours. To enable this,
- run configure with the --enable-exit-stats option, and set
- "ExitPortStatistics 1" in your torrc.
- - Relays write statistics on how long cells spend in their circuit
- queues to disk every 24 hours. To enable this, run configure with
- the --enable-buffer-stats option, and set "CellStatistics 1" in your
- - Entry nodes can write statistics on the rough number and origins of
- connecting clients to disk every 24 hours. To enable this, run
- configure with the --enable-entry-stats option, and set
- "EntryStatistics 1" in your torrc.
- Time and memory units in the configuration file can now be set to
fractional units. For example, "2.5 MB" is now a valid value for
- o Minor bugfixes
- - Hidden service clients didn't use a cached service descriptor that
- was older than 15 minutes, but wouldn't fetch a new one either. Now,
- use a cached descriptor no matter how old it is and only fetch a new
- one when all introduction points fail. Fix for bug 997. Patch from
- Marcus Griep.
- - Fix refetching of hidden service descriptors when all introduction
- points have turned out to not work. Fixes more of bug 997.
o Deprecated and removed features:
- The controller no longer accepts the old obsolete "addr-mappings/"
- GETINFO value.
+ or "unregistered-servers-" GETINFO values.
- Hidden services no longer publish version 0 descriptors, and clients
do not request or use version 0 descriptors. However, the authorities
still accept and serve version 0 descriptors when contacted by older
More information about the tor-commits