[or-cvs] r11363: Admin updates. (incognito/trunk)
double at seul.org
double at seul.org
Mon Sep 3 16:28:43 UTC 2007
Date: 2007-09-03 12:28:43 -0400 (Mon, 03 Sep 2007)
New Revision: 11363
--- incognito/trunk/AUTHORS 2007-09-03 16:27:23 UTC (rev 11362)
+++ incognito/trunk/AUTHORS 2007-09-03 16:28:43 UTC (rev 11363)
@@ -1,5 +1,9 @@
Pat Double <pat at patdouble.com> : Main author
-Others have contributed testing and suggestions. Thanks!
+anonym mplayer plugin ebuild, firmware fix, testing, suggestions
+Thanks to those unmentioned for testing and suggestions.
--- incognito/trunk/ChangeLog 2007-09-03 16:27:23 UTC (rev 11362)
+++ incognito/trunk/ChangeLog 2007-09-03 16:28:43 UTC (rev 11363)
@@ -5,20 +5,21 @@
- New snapshot, various upgrades, such as KDE 3.5.7.
- Tor 0.1.2.17
- - TorK and Vidalia using cookie authentication to talk with Tor.
- - Added mplayer for video.
+ - Added mplayer and kplayer for video.
- Added more network hardware support.
- Added kmix for volume control.
- Added CookieSafe Firefox extension to control cookie permissions.
- Added EnigMail extension to Thunderbird.
- Added NetworkManager for easier configuration of the network
including entering wireless network keys.
- - Fix title when opening existing TrueCrypt volume.
- Added ThunderPlunger Thunderbird extension to keep disk space usage
- NoScript 184.108.40.206
- Firefox Quick Locale Switcher 220.127.116.11
+ - Fix bug in hardware configuration causing hardware requiring
+ firmware to fail.
- Added proxy config for links web browser.
+ - Fix title when opening existing TrueCrypt volume.
--- incognito/trunk/TODO 2007-09-03 16:27:23 UTC (rev 11362)
+++ incognito/trunk/TODO 2007-09-03 16:28:43 UTC (rev 11363)
@@ -3,6 +3,8 @@
spec (the detail to build your own)
impl (here's how we did it)
+- Change controllers (TorK, Vidalia) to use cookie authentication when CookieAuthFile, etc. config are available
- Verify security
Need some people to verify the software and configuration choices.
@@ -27,9 +29,6 @@
- Add macchanger option to boot menu
Add a menu option to randomize the MAC address. See above for custom syslinux boot menu.
-- Evaluate if macchanger is still working with full version
-The full version uses NetworkManager for easy configuration. Since we depend on Gentoo macchanger support, this may be by-passed with NetworkManager.
- Use unionfs
Currently the writable portions of the filesystem need to be copied to RAM during the boot process. Using unionfs is an option in catalyst (via genkernel) which overlays a tmpfs on the CD filesystem so every file becomes writable and no copying is necessary during the boot process. It is faster and uses less memory. However, in the current genkernel it is badly broken. The newer unionfs versions are patches for the kernel and that doesn't fit into the latest genkernel unionfs support. Reports are that when the vanilla kernel includes unionfs, then this will be supported. At that time unionfs can be enabled.
More information about the tor-commits