[or-cvs] r8335: flesh out TODO re: AvoidDiskWrites (tor/trunk/doc)
arma at seul.org
arma at seul.org
Thu Sep 7 01:01:11 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-09-06 21:01:11 -0400 (Wed, 06 Sep 2006)
New Revision: 8335
flesh out TODO re: AvoidDiskWrites
--- tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2006-09-07 01:00:37 UTC (rev 8334)
+++ tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2006-09-07 01:01:11 UTC (rev 8335)
@@ -25,7 +25,7 @@
- If the client's clock is too far in the past, it will drop (or
just not try to get) descriptors, so it'll never build circuits.
- when we start, remove any entryguards that are listed in excludenodes.
- . start calling dev releases 0.1.2.1-alpha-dev, not -cvs. Do we need
+ o start calling dev releases 0.1.2.1-alpha-dev, not -cvs. Do we need
to change the code in any way for this? Appears to be "no".
- Remember the last time we saw one of our entry guards labelled with
the GUARD flag. If it's been too long, it is not suitable for use.
@@ -278,6 +278,13 @@
ORPort/DirPort. It should support ranges and bit prefixes (?) too.
- Parse this.
- Relay this in networkstatus.
+ - Have a mode that doesn't write to disk much, so we can run Tor on
+ flash memory (e.g. Linksys routers or USB keys).
+ o Add AvoidDiskWrites config option.
+ - only write state file when it's "changed"
+ - stop writing identity key / fingerprint / etc every restart
+ - stop caching directory stuff -- and disable mmap?
+ - more?
- Tor should have a "DNS port" so we don't need to ship with (and
@@ -322,8 +329,6 @@
that it is able to rotate through. (maybe)
- let each hidden service (or other thing) specify its own
- - Have a mode that doesn't write to disk much, so we can run Tor on
- flash memory (e.g. Linksys routers).
- Patch privoxy and socks protocol to pass strings to the browser.
More information about the tor-commits